In this blog article we outline important information you should know about the MPJE before you sit for the exam.
- The MPJE is made up of 120 questions.
- 100 MPJE questions are used to calculate your final score, the remaining 20 questions are pretest questions.
- The MPJE is a computerized adaptive exam.
- You have 2.5 hours to complete the MPJE.
- You must answer at least 107 questions to receive a score. A penalty is applied to your score for any unanswered question between question number 108 and 120.
- All questions must be answered in the order received. You are not allowed to skip questions. You are not allowed to go back to a previously answered question.
- MPJE passing score is 75. The MPJE score range is between 0-100.
- 83% of the MPJE questions cover “Pharmacy Practice”, 15% of the MPJE questions cover “Licensure, Registration, Certification, and Operational Requirements”, and 2% of MPJE questions cover “General Regulatory Processes”.
- Failed the MPJE: there is a 30 days waiting period before you can retake the exam. Please consult with your board of pharmacy regarding waiting periods since time varies between states.
- MPJE retake limit: You can take the MPJE up to 5 times after failed attempts (if permitted by the board of pharmacy).
The information in this article is a summary of the NAPB:NAPLEX/MPJE registration Bulletin that was accessed on 2/4/2018